Sunday, April 19, 2015

Avocado Spinach Pasta Sauce

I was so craving Alfredo tonight - like REALLY craving it. It's been a day full of cravings. Anyway, I found this recipe with the hopes that it would temper that need for buttery goodness. It did a pretty good job. I tried to make zucchini noodles with it, but that didn't go so well. Whole wheat penne got subbed in at the last minute. I threw in some slices of bell pepper and yellow onion along with blackened chicken, just for fun. I'm not much of a sauce person in general so I didn't totally coat my pasta. I'm sure it would be yummy with more on it too.


Ingredients
10 oz whole wheat pasta (or zucchini noodles)
1 avocado
1 cup fresh spinach
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp basil
1 Tbsp crushed red pepper
1 cup pasta water (or chicken/veggie stock)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt

Instructions
  1. Begin cooking pasta and any vegetables/meat you would like to add to the pasta.
  2. While pasta is cooking, add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
  3. Once pasta is cooked, add desired amount of sauce pasta, and vegetables (optional) to skillet and heat for 2 minutes.
  4. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information

No comments:

Post a Comment